(Updated on 8/9/2005)
Data Collected on the GrandpaTellMe.com website will be subject
What this policy covers:
This policy pertains to the use of the GrandpaTellMe.com
website located at
This policy describes how GrandpaTellMe.com treats personal
information that is collected and received via its website. Personal
information is information that might personally identify an individual such
as name, address, email address, telephone number, etc.
Children under the age of 13 are not permitted to use the
GrandpaTellMe.com services and so this policy makes no provision for
children's use of the site.
Information Collection and How it is used
- GrandpaTellMe.com collects personal information when you register with
GrandpaTellMe.com to use GrandpaTellMe.com services or to post content on
- When you register for a free account we ask for your name, email address and certain
optional information such as your last name. We also ask you
to select a user name and password to use when accessing the site.
- If you would like to obtain a paid ("Pro") account, we will ask
for your billing address, phone number, and credit card information.
- In the "Profile" section of GrandpaTellMe.com, you are able to
modify your personal information and you may enter certain optional
information such as your address, birthday, telephone number, etc.
- GrandpaTellMe.com automatically receives and records information on our
server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookie,
and the page you request.
- GrandpaTellMe.com uses information for the following general purposes:
products and services provision, billing, identification and
authentication, services improvement, contact, research, and
IP Addresses are automatically reported by your browser each time you
view a web page.
IP addresses may be used for various purposes, including:
- To diagnose or service technology problems reported by our users
or engineers that are associated with the IP addresses controlled by
a specific web company or ISP.
- To tailor advertising based on geographic area or other
information derived from your IP address. Aggregate information
derived from IP addresses may also be reported to advertisers.
- To estimate the total number of users visiting GrandpaTellMe.com from
specific geographical regions.
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous
unique identifier, that is sent to your browser from a web site's
computers and stored on your computer's hard drive.
- You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all
cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set.
- If you reject all cookies, you will not be able to use
products or services that require you to "sign in," and you may not
be able to take full advantage of the GrandpaTellMe.com service.
- GrandpaTellMe.com uses its own cookies for a number of purposes, including
o Access your information when you "sign in".
o Keep track of preferences you specify while you are using
o Display the most appropriate advertising banners, based on your
interests and activity on GrandpaTellMe.com.
o Estimate and report our total audience size and traffic.
o Conduct research to improve GrandpaTellMe.com's content and services.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- GrandpaTellMe.com does not rent or sell your personal information.
- Generally, GrandpaTellMe.com does not share personal information about you
with other people or nonaffiliated companies without your consent
except to provide products or services you've requested and in the
- GrandpaTellMe.com may be required to disclose personally identifiable
information under special circumstances, such as to comply with
subpoenas, warrants, court orders or legal process or to
establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal
- It may be necessary to share information in order to
investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual
illegal activities, including without limitation, fraud, situations
involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person,
required by law. We will transfer information about you if
acquired by or merged with another company. In this event,
will notify you by email or by putting a prominent notice on the
GrandpaTellMe.com web site before information about you is transferred and
share demographic information with business partners however, no
personally identifiable information will ever be used without your
- GrandpaTellMe.com may display targeted advertisements based on
personal information that is contained in people's profiles.
When you register with us, your personal information and other data
will be stored and processed in the United States and this
information may be subject to the laws of this jurisdiction.
Editing and Deleting Account Information. Security.
- You can change your GrandpaTellMe.com Account Information, at any time.
- We may send you certain communications relating to the
service, such as service announcements and administrative messages,
that are considered part of your GrandpaTellMe.com account.
- You can delete your GrandpaTellMe.com account at any time from your account
page; however, please note that your identification, billing and
contact information may remain in GrandpaTellMe.com's records for some period.
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees
who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that
information to provide products or services to you or in order to do
- Your GrandpaTellMe.com Account Information is password-protected.
- In certain areas, GrandpaTellMe.com uses SSL-encryption to protect data
GrandpaTellMe.com may update this policy at any time for any reason. If there
are any significant changes to how we handle personal information we
will send a notice to the primary email address specified in your
account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
If you have questions or suggestions please contact us
online, or at:
1921 W. Calle del Norte
Chandler, AZ 85224